Commercial Food Sanitation is currently seeking a Food Safety Specialist, with native Japanese fluency, to provide expert, world-class recommendations on food safety standards and programs while working side by side with global food processor customers to implement those recommendations. This position will be based in North America and work remotely from a home office.
Expected travel will be approximately 55% – 65% and primarily in North America with some international travel required. This position will also support customers in Japan. Initially this will be done remotely with the expectation that travel to Japan will be required in the future.
Commercial Food Sanitation is a part of Intralox, L.L.C. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit the Intralox Careers website.
- Provide sanitation, food safety and quality recommendations in the development of new hygienic designs of equipment and facilities to global customers
- Lead training and presentations for global customer base
- Works with customers to implement recommendations of best practices and procedures on programs, cleaning methods, designs, pathogen controls, allergen management, and other food safety challenges
- Effectively communicate with personnel at all levels of responsibility within the customer’s organization
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field
- Native Japanese fluency and excellent verbal and written English fluency
- Experience in the food processing industry with significant experience in food safety and hygiene in a food manufacturing company.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, in both technical and sales content, with all levels of personnel within a company
- Excellent training and presentation skills and the ability to explain food safety concepts to those not specialized in the field
- Ability to set priorities, utilize and coordinate resources, and manage projects from start to finish with little supervision
- Ability to effectively work on a team, either as a leader or member of the team.
- Solid understanding of Sanitation Concepts and the ability to interact with Microbiologists, Sanitation Managers, Chemists, Engineers, and Management
- Knowledge of process control and general food manufacturing principles
- Ability and desire to innovate and invent, to create and implement new ideas and processes for sanitation
- Strong knowledge of HACCP