Commercial Food Sanitation is currently seeking a Food Safety Specialist to be part of our team.
This role will be instrumental in helping the food industry become stronger in food safety and operational excellence. This includes consulting and training with local, regional, and global food processors and food equipment manufacturers to provide strategic and expert recommendations on food safety, sanitation, and hygienic design. A significant aspect of this role will be as a trainer in the CFS Institute.
This position includes:
- Gaining experience in the global food manufacturing community, develop your potential and contribute to a growing and innovative organization
- A team that invests in each other’s success and takes pride in their work.
- An inspiring working environment grounded in ideas, teamwork, and effort
- The ability to be based in New Orleans or work remotely from a home office in mainland U.S.
Commercial Food Sanitation is a part of Intralox, L.L.C. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit the Intralox Careers website.
- Trainer in the CFS Institute to support a global customer base. This includes training at courses in New Orleans, customer located workshops, and support of the CFS certification programs.
- Strategic business planning with customers to achieve goals and solve problems.
- Collaborate with customers to implement recommendations of best practices and procedures on programs, cleaning methods, designs, pathogen controls, allergen management, and other food safety challenges
- Provide strategic consulting and guidance in sanitation, hygienic design, and food safety to food processors and OEMs. This will include assessments of facilities, equipment, programs, and behaviors, and identifying opportunities/solutions for improvement.
- B.S., Masters, or PhD in the Food or Science or related field
- Significant experience as a Manager, Supervisor or Subject Matter Expert role in a food processing company in a Quality, Food safety, or Sanitation role.
- Desire and ability to travel in North America up to 55 – 60% of the time. International travel may be required at times.
- Knowledge of process control and food manufacturing principles
- Robust knowledge of Food safety programs and Regulatory requirements.
- Ability to spend time in food manufacturing facilities in the various environments involved (cold, hot, wet, dry). This includes working nights and possibly weekends.
- Fluent in the English language. Fluent in a second language is a positive.
- Energetic and well-organized with exceptional communication skills
- Desire to drive improvement and positive change in the global food industry
- Fast & continuous learner with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer focus with a Win-Win attitude.
- Strong team player, self-managed and proactive with a demonstrated sense of ownership & leadership
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, in both technical and business development content, with all levels of personnel within a company
- Excellent training and presentation skills